Terms and Conditions of Use
Acceptance of Our Terms
Support, Service & Complaints
- For any issues related to service, support or complaints please use the telephone number or contact email on our contact page.
- We attempt to reply to all enquiries, service issues, support issues or complaints within 24 hours. We will update you with an estimated timeframe for resolving the dispute and keep you informed about progress.
- For payment by credit card, we only accept Visa and Mastercard.
- Credit terms may be applied for and may be granted at our discretion.
- For credit applications we may make a search with a credit agency, which may keep a record of that search and may share that information with other companies. We may also make enquiries about the Principal Directors. We may also use other publicly available information about your company to make a decision on granting/refusing credit terms.
- If credit is granted, credit terms will be strictly net on receipt of invoice.
- If credit terms are not granted, all orders will require payment in advance or upon delivery.
- If the customer fails to pay invoices within the credit period granted, we reserve the right to hold shipment of any further orders until payment has been received. We may turn over excessively overdue invoices to a debt collection agency and/or initiate legal action where required.
Delivery and Installation
- Delivery is generally carried out by one of two methods:
(a) For light items, under 65kg, we deliver by our standard courier service. Delivery time is usually 4-10 working days, with the majority of items being delivered within 5 working days. You will be given an indicator of when to expect delivery before completing your order. This service is door delivery only as the items are not heavy enough to require our Delivery Team to bring them inside the building.
(b) For heavy items (over 65kg), we use our special delivery service. Our Delivery Team will deliver the safe into any room which can be reached from the roadside with less that one step. This could be a room on the ground floor or on an upper floor by lift (lift must be rated to hold the weight of the safe and any moving equipment). Our team will bring the safe inside the room and position it as you direct.
- Delivery as outlined above is free of charge – the delivery cost is included in our pricing.
- Most safes can be delivered upstairs for an additional fee. Please enquire about the possibility of this service by phone in advance to ensure we can carry out this service in your building.
- If there is more that one step on the route from the road to the destination room, we reserve the right to add an additional charge. It is your responsibility to check this in advance.
- Delivery is generally on working days (Mon-Fri) only. We will typically alert you in advance of an approximate time of delivery in advance for our in room delivery service. However, we expect there to be someone available to accept delivery during business hours Mon-Fri.
- For upper floor deliveries and our bolt down service, it is your responsibility to ensure that the supporting floor is adequate to hold the weight of the safe and contents. We accept no responsibility for damage or injury caused by flooring whish is inadequate to hold the safe’s weight.
- The delivery times given on this site are estimates only. On rare occasions, unforeseen circumstances can occur which may delay delivery beyond our estimate. We will not be liable for any loss of income, losses, cost, damage, charges or expenses incurred or caused by late delivery.
- We deliver only to the Irish mainland (32 counties including Northern Ireland). We do not deliver to the islands or any other areas we deem unreasonably inaccessible.
- If we are forced to abandon or abort a delivery or installation attempt, or provide additional delivery services (such as a second call out or stairs delivery) due to insufficient information provided by the customer, we reserve the right to impose a delivery charge up to 20% of the cost of the safe and the price of additional delivery services. Insufficient information provided by the customer might include (but is not limited to): more steps than indicated, lift not working, lift with lower weight capacity than stated, smaller lift than stated, unreasonably narrow corridors or doorways, locked doors, unforeseen obstacles, space not cleared, presence of hazards, absence of decision maker at an agreed time, additional construction work agreed with customer not carried out or any other unadvised circumstance that could be considered unreasonable.
- Items may require installation according to the manufacturers instructions. Unless otherwise stated, prices exclude installation. We recommend consulting a qualified expert before installing wall or floor safes. It is your responsibility to make sure the product is installed correctly.
- Quotations are normally valid for 30 days from quotation date.
- In the event where supplier costs have changed, an items is no longer available or other unforseen circumstances, we reserve the right to withdraw a quotation or cancel a pending order without notice.
- Please contact us before returning an item to us.
- Any goods returned are to be returned to (our our named agent) at the buyer’s expense.
- For end users (non-business customers), goods must be returned in a saleable condition, with the original packaging (or other suitable packaging) and with all manuals and accessories.
- For business customers, items may only be returned if defective or if they are significantly not as described.
- A 20% restocking fee will be deducted from all refunds given.
- Please allow up to 30 days for refunds to be processed and credited to you.
- Manufacturer’s warranties may differ depending on the product.
- All stock is subject to availability. If stock is not supplied, we will refund you for any part of the goods already paid for.
- If we are out of stock, we will make an attempt to contact you within twenty four (24) hours providing we have correct contact details on your order.
- Orders can be considered accepted when you receive confirmation of order acceptance by email, phone, or fax. If we cannot ship the items ordered for an unforeseen reason, we reserve the right to cancel the order.
- We reserve the right, at any time prior to our acceptance, to refuse any order or any part of an order, or to demand further or better information to enable us to evaluate and/or complete the order. Without prejudice to the relevant law, we do not accept liability for any failure to ship products where this results from our inability to do so or our choice on reasonable grounds not to do so, provided that all reasonable steps are taken to notify you within 48 hours of placing the order. If this occurs, we will not process any payment or will immediately refund any payment already made in full.
- VAT is payable on all orders including all shipping or related charges at 23%. For VAT registered customers in other EU countries (e.g. Northern Ireland / UK) or for VAT exempt companies or individuals in Ireland, once your status is confirmed, we can process your order without VAT.
- You may not use the website for any of the following:
- for the purpose of fraud, or in connection with any criminal offence or any other unlawful activity
- to publish, send, use or reuse any material that is illegal, abusive, indecent, offensive, defamatory, obscene or threatening; or which infringes on copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; or is otherwise damaging to third parties; or objectionable; or which consists of or contains software viruses, commercial solicitation, mass mailings or any spam or junk mail
- to cause irritation, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE STATUTORY RIGHTS AFFORDED TO PURCHASER, THE INFORMATION & MATERIALS CONTAINED IN THIS SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITH NO WARRANTY, AND IN PARTICULAR, MEMOTECH LTD. DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT, OR THAT USE OF THE SITE IS FREE OF RISK OF VIRUSES OR OTHER DAMAGE.
- PRICE AND AVAILABILITY INFORMATION MAY CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. PRODUCTS AND RELATED SERVICES PURCHASED ARE WARRANTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH LAW, AND NOTHING IN THESE CONDITIONS IS TO BE TAKEN TO RESTRICT OR EXCLUDE OR ANY RIGHTS, WHICH RIGHTS, WHICH THE LAW GRANTS TO PURCHASERS IN RESPECT OF SUCH PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. INDIVIDUAL PRODUCTS MAY BE THE SUBJECT OF ADDITIONAL WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES GIVEN DIRECTLY BY THE MANUFACTURERS. SUCH WARRANTIES SHALL NOT BE ENFORCEABLE AGAINST MEMOTECH LTD, BUT ONLY AGAINST THE COMPANY OR INDIVIDUAL GIVING THEM.
- This website is owned and operated by Memotech Ltd. All rights in the design of the website, text copy, graphics and any other content, interface and arrangements belong to Memotech Ltd.
- All rights are reserved save as set out below. You may copy electronically or to print excerpts of this site for the purpose of placing an order, comparing products or other reasonable shopping activities. Any unreasonable use of this site, such as copying or reproducing for purposes other than those above, changing, distributing, or republishing, without written consent is prohibited.
- All trademarks, service marks, and trading names are owned by Memotech Ltd.or other respective owners.
Laws & Jurisdiction
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
- We will not email you in the future unless you have given us your consent. We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us or from another trader in the future.
- The personal information, which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first.
- We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
- We collect information about you at the time of ordering. The type of information we collect includes your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card details. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
- The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
Your Statutory Rights
- Your Statutory Rights are not affected. This statement does not give you any additional legal duties or obligations, it simply highlights existing rights that consumers have when they deal with sellers.
- This website is owned and operated by Memotech Ltd.(CRO 427337).
Information we Gather
- We gather the following information:
- Information you provide us such as name, address and contact details.
- Information about your behaviour on the site such as purchase history and items viewed. This makes your buying experience more pleasant as our site will remember your preferences
- Information you provide us in e-mail or other forms of communication.
- We do not store your credit card details. These must be entered at our secure server every time you visit.
- We store your IP address when placing an order or when visiting a particular page on our website for security reasons, to help diagnose possible problems with our server and to help gather demographic data.
Communication of your Information
- Your personal data is stored on a secure server and will not be communicated to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure.
- Your credit card information is processed by Paypal Inc., the world’s largest and most secure online payments processor using its secure servers.
Communication with You
- We will only send you promotional material if you opt in to our promotions schemes on creating your account.
- We will contact you either by phone, e-mail or by other means to update you about a transaction or to confirm details of a transaction.
- Our payments processor, Paypal Inc. reserves the right to contact you to verify the details of a transaction.
We do not sell products for purchase to minors. Children under the age of 18 may use the site only with permission of a parent or guardian.
Freedom of information (Ireland) – Updating, Verifying and Deleting Personal Data
You may inform us of changes in your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2002 (as amended) we will change or delete your personal data accordingly. To find out what personal data we hold on you or to have your personal data amended, changed, updated or deleted from our database, please contact us by telephone or email.
Memotech Ltd., ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SERVANTS AND AGENTS, AFFILIATES OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN RESPECT OF ANY CLAIMS, EMERGENCIES, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION, DAMAGES, LOSSES, EXPENSES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEY FEES AND COSTS OF PROCEEDINGS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE AND/OR DISSEMINATION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION RELATING TO YOU IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT AND YOUR CONSENTS.
Limitation of Liability
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable statute, under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall we be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that may result from the use of or the inability to use this Website, any changes to this Website, any material or information sent or received or not sent or received or for any of the above-mentioned damages that result from the use or inability to use the products. In no circumstances shall our liability and that of our suppliers to you and/or to any third parties for any of the above exceed €100.
Modification of Terms and Conditions
- We may terminate this website with or without cause at any time and effective immediately from that time. In addition, we, at our sole discretion, may terminate your user account for violation of the letter or spirit of these terms and conditions.