Floor safes provide an alternative to freestanding safes and remain a popular solution for Irish businesses
Important Insurance Note: There is no floor safe on the market which is certified to European burglary standards. It is important that you consult with us and your insurance provider before you choose a floor safe for your home or business. In many instances, your insurer will insist on an independently certified freestanding safe. We can provide the right advice depending on your requirementsRequest a Floor Safe Consultation
Floor Safes to Your Specifications
We can provide the following:
- Budget floor safes from our Veteran range for light security
- Stainless steel, round lid Churchill safes to resist pry attacks.
- Floor safes with deposit chutes to allow cash deposits
- Concrete reinforcing mesh to make removal from floor more difficult.
- Spare deposit capsules always in stock in our Co. Meath warehouse
Locked Out or Need an Upgrade?
We have a decade of experience in safe services. If you are having an issue opening your floor safe, we can help.
- Our engineers can pick open your floor safe using non-destructive techniques. We can rekey the safe lid on site allowing you to continue to use the safe
- Service or lid replacement for safes with water damage or other issues
- Lock upgrade service. Replace your key lock with a dial combination or electronic lock
- Lid upgrade service. Replace your lid with a thicker lid to improve security.
Floor Safe Installation
The following is for information only and you are responsible for the correct installation of your floor safe.
We always recommend using the services of a qualified builder when installing a floor safe. If the safe is being retrofitted into an existing building, checks should be made to ensure electric or other wiring as well, plumbing and subfloor depth are compatible with the installation.
When pricing underfloor safes compared to freestanding solutions, you should bear in mind the significant additional costs the floor safes require in terms of installation. Remember, as well as materials, you will require up to a day on site for a qualified builder.
General step-by-step guide for floor safe installation:
- Hole must be 100mm deeper height of safe including neck(top of safe is to be flush with floor surface)
- Fill bottom 100mm with concrete/gravel mix until top of safe neck is level with the floor
- Hole width to 120mm on each side of safe
- Optionally, line hole with 1,000 gauge plastic to reduce dano (2.5mm)
- Optionally, wrap safe in 1,000 gauge plastic (double waterproof membrane)
- Fill up to 100mm from top with concrete/gravel mix
- Optionally, place wire mesh on each of four sides
- Fill top 100mm smooth sand/cement mix
- Allow 24 hours to dry